Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Dream 1896

Doing research I found several Yuchi Indians that have poetry written!! I am very excited. This is one that I found and it is exactly like he wrote, no grammar changes to it. PLEASE ENJOY!! The bottom reads HOLY GHOST down. The blog just does not set it up right for some reason. This is the google free books site I found it on.
http://books.google.com/books?id=r-d-VMCTtqMC&pg=PA179&dq=yuchi+written+poetry&hl=en&ei=RXFITveJL66psAKA9uCRCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Yuchi&f=false




My Dream Rufus Buck(Yuchi)

I drempt I was in heaven
Among the Angels fair;
I'd near seen none so handsome,
The twinge of golden hair;
They looked so neat and sang so sweet,
And play'd the golden harp.
I was about to pick an angel out
and take her to my heart;
But the moment I began to plea,
I thought of you my love.
There was none I'd seen so beautifull
on heaven or earth above.
Good bye my dear wife and mother
all so my sisters
1 day of July H Rufus Buck
Tu, the yeore O Youse truley
off L
1896 Y

father son
G
H
O
S
T
Virtue and Resurrection
Written 1896 Published 1898

Changing Is Not Vanishing: A Collection of American Indian Poetry to 1930 By Robert Dale Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment