Sunday, August 21, 2011

Let's talk about Yuchi Native Americans

Some of the interesting facts that I have found out along the way.

First off the question most ask is how in the world do you pronounce Yuchi? Well, It is really said just like it looks! Or if you would like to see the way it sounds, ( that is what I usually say (;) "YOO-chee" The tribe has other names also, they are Euchee, Uchi, or Uchee. They all mean the same and are said the same.
This tribe orignated in Tennesse and Kentucky. They are moved now and reside in Oklahoma. This move took place in the 1800's and they re still living there today. If you do a search online for them you can find maps and such that have the area they use to live in. That would be something that you may like to check out yourself if you are interesting in Native Americans.
Their housing was very neat looking! I have a link in my side bar where you may click and it will take you to their house. It also has other Native American housing in it so be careful on which one you find. Yuchi housing was made of clay and wood. They would put up a wood frame of sorts and pack the clay on it to make it sturdy. This would also insulate the house.
This is just a tid bit of information that I have found through my search. I am trying to make this flow as good as I can. But, I felt like this information should be taking into your mind ;) when reading more of the things I will write about during my semester. There may be a few more out of place posts that I will explain some more things about the Yuchi Natives!! Hope that you enjoy what I have written so far! Also, like I have said before questions or information would be greatly appreciated! No questions are stupid so feel free to ask so I may DIG for the answer you seek!

No comments:

Post a Comment