Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yuchi background

It has been a little while since I have entered a post. I am very sorry for that October was not a very good month for me. So I am going to start in with a little history of the Yuchi Natives.
Yuchi Indians were based in Tennesse, they were forced to leave and there is little recollection of this tribe in the area of Tennesse. When they split up they went into many different neighboring tribes, but they did not lose their culture or background. The Yuchi were very strong willed Indians and they held on to what they had.
The Yuchi language was one of the only Native American Language that did not change. In over four-hundred years it stayed the very same. I found it very neat to research this part. In my research I found that there are a few Natives that still speak this language. They have not taking in other words from other tribes and many people do not get the great chance to learn this language it is held with the Yuchi Indians in a dear place.

No comments:

Post a Comment